Thursday, June 24, 2010

Thrift Store Finds

Today I made an unexpected trip to the thrift store. I found a few things that I could live without but decided not to. Patterns of course is what I usually come out of there with and I found a couple today. One is for a women's rain coat (1983) and the other is for a girls jumper, blouse and coat (1961). Now I'm trying to decide which one will be my next project. It doesn't rain much here in New Mexico but I always wanted a rain coat ( I can take it camping that's when it always seems to rain). The little girls pattern looks so cute and fun to make, either way I'll be happy. Which do you think I should make? I also found this cute purse, I  found a similar one on eBay but it sold for $80. I'm not one to spend that much on a purse, why would I when I can find one in a thrift store or sew one myself. This purse is made from leather and is hand stamped. I like the 60's look of it and you won't see others like it. Hope to find more great things on my next trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment